Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Reading Challenge

Well, since someone pointed out to me that I do read a lot of library books, I figured that I might as well join another reading challenge: Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge. My problem is, while I check a lot of books out, I don't always get them read. Mayhaps this might be my inspiration to do so. And then consequently, I'll probably take more books out.

You know it's bad when the library staff is going to the shelf to pick up your holds before you even get to the counter. Hang out here much? My husband is fond of asking, "How's the gang?" every time I go to the library (Simpson's reference.) Hardy, har, har, says I. Ah well, I've been going to my library branch for as long as I can remember, and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Books have been good to me. My grandmother once told me "Take care of your books; they will be your friends forever."

Might as well start the list:


  1. Back Up by Jim Butcher - a stand alone tie-in to his Harry Dresden series, which by the way is fantastic!
  2. The Beast of Noor by Janet Lee Carey - a young adult novel, but my reasoning is that it wasn't around when I was a young adult, so I'm reading it as an old adult!
  3. The Whole Truth by Nancy Pickard
  4. How To Talk to a Widower by Jonathan Tropper
  5. Wenny Has Wings by Janet Lee Carey - another young adult novella - kinda hard to read emotionally, but well written.
  6. Dragon's Keep by Janet Lee Carey - see a trend here?
  7. The Nature of Rare Things by Derek Wilson - second in his series about paranormal investigator Nat Gye
  8. The Handmaid and the Carpenter by Elizabeth Berg - a retelling of the meeting of Mary and Joseph
  9. The Freak by Carol Matas - young adult novella written by a Winnipegger
  10. Vision by Carol Matas - second in the trilogy
  11. Far by Carol Matas - final one in the trilogy...left questions!

Updated for now, but most of my next reads will be library books!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge! Love the library and love this challenge. So glad to have you join.

    ReplyDelete